I was supposed to have 8 weeks left

Technically it would have been ten weeks, but we were scheduled to have a c-section at eight weeks. I was supposed to feel their little kicks, enjoy their movement, and savor those last eight weeks as my babies grew safe inside of me. When I was put on bed rest, I really relished in their every move because I was able to really focus and enjoy them more since I wasn’t up and going all day. I even felt K.D. hiccup for the first time a few days before I went into labor, it was the sweetest feeling. I was supposed to have eight more weeks to bask in those pregnancy moments, in those little hiccups, in those sweet moments, but that all changed last Saturday morning {November 1st}…

I woke up at 4:30 in the morning with contractions. I didn’t panic at first because I had been having a few contractions everyday since being put on bed rest. I got up, walked to the kitchen, grabbed a glass of cold ice water, took my contraction medicine, and laid back down in bed on my left side. After I was laying there for a few minutes, I noticed the contractions were coming pretty close together at this point so I started timing them. They were two to three minutes apart. A spurt of panic rushed through me, but I forced myself to stay calm and told myself my medicine just needed time to kick in. Well, after an hour of laying there and sipping on my water, they were still two to five minutes apart. I woke up Hubby to let him know I was having contractions. I told him we might need to go to the hospital, but I would let him know for sure. He looked at me with concern and asked if I was okay. I told him I didn’t know, but I would let him know if we needed to go. I grabbed my phone to look up ways to stop early labor and had read that if they weren’t true contractions, that taking a warm shower would get them to stop so into the shower I went. In the shower I still had a few, but afterwards when I curled up on the couch to start timing them again, they seemed to be loosing severity and were anywhere from two to ten minutes apart instead of two to five. I started to get relieved because that meant they were spacing out. I think at this point, I was in huge denial that I was in labor which is why I was doing everything I could to try and stop them. I wasn’t ready to be in labor and I didn’t want to be in labor. Well, around 6:30 I texted my mom and told her what was going on. She didn’t like how long I had been having the contractions for and I could tell she was worried.

Shortly after I texted her, the contractions started coming on full force; they were extremely painful and they were coming every two to three minutes again. I couldn’t take it anymore, I was having to breathe through each contraction and real panic started to hit as the reality sunk in. I couldn’t stop the contractions and I was in labor again. I woke Hubby up again, this time in tears, and told him to get ready and get the boys ready because we had to go and we had to go now. It took him maybe twenty minutes and during that twenty minutes the contractions got worse. I remember being in the kitchen and one of the contractions hit and it literally brought me to my knees, I couldn’t stand up, and I cried out in pain for my husband. After that, each contraction was just as bad. Hubby loaded the boys up in the car and we dropped the boys off at my moms house. I remember thinking that maybe I should wait at my moms house and call 911 because I just didn’t think I was going to make it to the hospital in this kind of pain. I didn’t though and I decided to just get to the hospital as fast as we could. So, once we dropped them off, Hubby hauled ass to the hospital. At this point, the pain was so bad that I was shaking during each contraction from trying not to scream. When a contraction hit, my teeth were clenched, my body shook, and I had a hard time even breathing through the contraction. I remember as we got closer to the hospital that I started to feel pressure and I told Hubby there was pressure as more tears filled my eyes. I wasn’t ready for this. Once we got to the hospital, Hubby ran inside to grab a wheel chair, he wheeled me in, and they got me back into a room very fast. The nurse hooked me up to the monitor to make sure the babies were okay, thankfully they were, and at this point I could no longer stop a small scream from escaping from my clenched teeth with each contraction.

The nurse checked me and said, “Well, you are having these babies today. You’re dilated to a seven.”

Instant tears welled up in my eyes as I looked over at my husband, I saw my worry reflected on his face. “This isn’t supposed to happen, it’s not time yet.” I blubbered. He squeezed my hand and then I was wheeled into a labor room where they began to prep me for an emergency c-section…

Stay connected with me:
twitter facebook pinterest google plus instagram RSS bloglovin
The following two tabs change content below.

Latest posts by Cassie (see all)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>