5 Must Have Items I Use For Planning Our Week

The wine mentioned in this post was sent to me as part of a review I am doing. All opinions are 100% my own.
Beauty & The Boys // 5 Must Have Items I Use When Planning Our Week
Beauty & The Boys // 5 Must have items I use when planning our week
Beauty & The Boys // 5 must have items I use when planning our week

Every Sunday, I take the time to plan out our week. I wasn’t always a planner, but with the blog and when Jay started school, I began planning a little bit because there was new things happening with our schedules. School parties, fun little projects due, posts that needed to be wrote, pictures that needed to be taken, and more. Well, when we became a family of six, my planning went into overdrive. There is absolutely no way I would be able to remember everything between my husband, four kids, myself, our home, and blogging. So, every Sunday night after all the little ones are in bed, I sit down and glance at our month and plan out our week. Here is a few things that help me get through this planning phase at night.

One. Wine is always a must. Planning out the week of six people lives can get pretty stressful, especially when it’s a busy week! {ha, when is it not a busy week with four kids} Having a delicious glass of wine while I’m in the throws of planning helps take the edge off. I was sipping on a delicious Cabernet from CK Mondavi and it was just what I needed.

Two. Planners. Yes, I said planners, as in, more than one. ;) I use two planners. One planner is for all things blogged related. What posts I’m working on, what posts are coming up, what I need to take pictures for, post ideas, notes, giveaways, etc, etc. The second one is our family planner. This is where I plan out our doctor appointments, school events, birthday parties, and anything life related that I don’t want to forget. These planners seriously help save my sanity because lord knows what I would forget if I didn’t have them.

Three. Sharpie Pens. In each planner, I have certain colors for certain things. It helps me keep track of important events and it makes my pages look pretty. For example: School events are done in green. My regular posts are wrote in red. I love, love, love my sharpie pens!

Four. My essential oils. As I mentioned up there, I can get a bit stressed out planning everything for the week and making sure I’m not forgetting anything. My oils have helped so much in this area. I diffuse two drops of peace & calming in the living room where I am doing my planning and I apply 1 to 2 drops of stress away on my wrists and the back of my necks. They bring my stress level way down and helps make planning the week easier.

Five. My Tablet. When I don’t have my planner with me, I tend to type out quick notes, post ideas, etc. on my tablet. So, I have this with me for anything important I wrote down that I want to implement into my blog that week. I also use it to reference recent posts I have done that I might want to do a part two of or add more to in another post.

So, there you have it. Those are my must have items when planning out my week. :)
What are your must have items for planning out your week?

The following two tabs change content below.

Latest posts by Cassie (see all)

Comments

1. says

I love essential oils. Peace and Calming is one of my favorite blends, too! Have you tried putting a few drops on your shower floor? The hot steam + wonderful smell is so therapeutic and good for the soul.

2. says

I always have good intentions on Sundays of sitting down to plan my week. It’s actually something I’ve been praying about — slowing down. I’m packing too many things into Sunday, and then my week gets messy — mad dashes through the drive-thru lines, school functions get missed, or laundry piles up. Thankful for God’s medicine…essential oils…those are two of my faves!

XOXO,
    Mandi

• says

I completely understand that! I wasn’t always a planner, even though I had good intentions to do so! I’m glad I finally started, I try and make Sunday’s a calm down and get most things done on Saturday. I save Sunday’s for last minute laundry, family time, getting things ready for the week, and then making time to plan in the evenings. When I do that, it makes the week go much smoother!

3. says

I love this! I have a paper calendar, my husband’s work calendar, plus all the FB events & e-mails that need to be coordinated. We signed up for Cozi, but I still double-book all.the.time.

• Cassie says

Lol, I hate when double booking happens! How do you like using Cozi? I’ve heard about it, but I’ve been wondering if I should use it or not.

4. says

I’m such a planner too! And Sundays are when I figure out what I’ve got going on for the week. Helps to keep me on track for everything. A glass of wine would be nice too! ;) Lately though I’ve been cocktail creating on Sundays so I typically taste and drink whatever I’ve made for the day LOL

• says

Sharpie pens are my absolute favorite. I rarely write with anything else lol. Oh yeah, my phone stays with me always since I work from home, I’m often working on my phone!

• Cassie says

You should absolutely try them out! They are amazing! Let me know if you have any questions about them and I’ll answer them the best I can! =D

• Cassie says

Glad I’m not the only one. I just can’t get on board with using a calendar on the computer, I have to write stuff down in planners!

5. says

It looks like we have the same style when it comes to organizing our lives. On a normal day, I have a planner and about 2-3 notebooks (all for different tasks) out and wine. Wine is definitely essential!

• Cassie says

Woo hoo!! Planners and notebooks just make planning things so much easier. I’ve never been one to plan using a planner online, I’m all about paper planners! :) #allthewine

• Cassie says

Girl, they are SO worth it! If you sign up as a wholesale customer {click on sign up here on the lefthand side https://www.youngliving.org/cassie1121}, there is a $40 that has a bunch of samples instead of bottles of oil. I bought that one first and after using all the samples I was completely hooked and purchased the premium starter kit! :) Let me know if you have any questions! I can also add you to my fb group for essential oils if you leave me your fb email address. :)

Trackbacks