DIY Peppermint Body Butter

Beauty & The Boys // DIY Peppermint Body Butter
I am so excited for today’s post! I whipped up this body butter the other day. It smells so good and I LOVE using it!! I love it so much, I decided to share how I made it!

Beauty & The Boys // DIY Peppermint Body Butter

You will need:
– 1 cup of Shea Butter
– 1/2 cup of coconut oil
– 2 Tbl spoons of Almond oil
– 10-15 drops of Peppermint oil {or the oil of your choice if you don’t want peppermint}

Beauty & The Boys // DIY Peppermint Body Butter
Place the Shea Butter, coconut oil, and almond oil in a microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave and do it in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each one, until everything has fully melted.

Transfer to a glass or metal bowl and let sit in the fridge to let it get hard. You don’t want it too hard, once you can see your finger print in it, remove it from fridge. If you let it sit too long in the fridge, set it on the counter until it gets to the point where you can see your fingerprint.

Use your electric mixed and whip on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until it has a creamy, fluffy texture to it. Add in the 10 to 15 drops of peppermint oil and mix it again for 1 to 2 minutes.

Transfer to 4oz mason jars and you are done! This recipe gave me two full jars! =D

Beauty & The Boys // DIY Peppermint Body Butter
Beauty & The Boys // DIY Peppermint Body Butter
Beauty & The Boys // DIY Peppermint body butter
The young living peppermint essential oil comes in the premium starter kit! I only recommend you use young living. :) If you would like to sign up to be apart of my team, I currently have an awesome promo going on!

Beauty & The Boys // Promo #1
To be eligible for this weeks promo, you must:
Sign up under me as a wholesale customer.{Make sure my ID is in both the Sponsor ID & Enroller ID spot – 2189166}
– Purchase the Premium Starter Kit.
– This promo goes to the FIRST person who does this!

Once you have done that, I will get your address from you and ship you your 15ml essential oil Cedarwood bottle!

———————————
Stay connected with me:
twitter facebook pinterest google plus instagram bloglovin

The following two tabs change content below.

Latest posts by Cassie (see all)

Comments

1. Cydnee says

I love making my own body scrubs. Thank you very much for joining in the celebration of #purebloglove, we enjoy having you each week. I hope to see you on Thursday at 8PM, EST through Sunday night. ~Cydnee

• says

Thanks Michelle!! You really should, it doesn’t take that much time, it smells amazing, and it’s so awesome to make your own body butter! =D

2. Susan says

I just know that my teen daughters will be excited to whip up our own batch and try it out. Thanks for sharing at the This Is How We Roll Link Party on Organized 31,

3. says

I have recently been making my own body butter and love the shea butter – have not tried that one you have in your post – using the Better Shea Butter and also a Zinc Oxide by them. Found your post on Craft Frenzy Friday hop.

• says

I love making my own body butter. It was my first DIY beauty product that I’ve made. I think I’m going to make some sugar scrub next! :) I’ll have to look into Zinc Oxide! The Shea butter I found was on amazon! Here is the link – http://amzn.to/1MYqRCh

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4. says

This looks so velvety and smooth, can’t wait to try it! Think this is a good weekend goal! Thanks for linking up to Wordless Wednesday!
    Erica
    OnBlissStreet.blogspot.com

5. says

I have never seen shea butter in a bag like that. Where did you get it? I always keep shea butter on hand, and just order from Amazon. I am trying this recipe today…can’t wait! Found you on Motivate Me Monday link party. Thanks for motivating me!

6. says

So weird!! I’ve never seen shea butter in it’s natural form! I LOVE the smell of Young Living’s peppermint oil and love diffusing it. I’ll definitely try this if I can find the shea butter!

Trackbacks